11.7.12

You know how to Whistler, don't you...

Well, I'm in the right place! Craving solitude, nature, and reflection, I stumbled upon an ad for Whistler, BC, in a travel magazine that I bought on my way to TX. It seemed to fit the bill, so I booked a ticket, rented a condo, and was on my way! This is probably one of the more spontaneous things I've done in recent years, and I'm so glad I followed the guiding hand that steered me here!

My living room
The view from my balcony!!
I had very vague directions on how to get to the condo and figured that I would have the Vancouver Airport Shuttle drop me at the hotel that appeared to be closest to the condo address on the map. However, in a classic "you can't get there from here" situation, there was no direct route between the hotel and the condo. I wound up dragging my large, wheeled suitcase along a packed dirt, root filled path through the woods and finally found the right place. The sweaty trek through the forest was worth it, though. The condo is gorgeous...huge, comfortable, and homey. In fact, if I could move here permanently right now, I most definitely would!

Where I spent Day One...
Unfortunately, my first full day here was spent in bed with a horrible fever. Not sure where it came from or where it went, but I'm glad it's gone!! I was laid up in bed all day long and felt like my back and every joint in my body was about to break at the slightest provocation. Ugh. Lots of ibuprofen, prayer, and sleep later, I woke feeling like a whole new person today...ready and raring to go!!

So, I hit the trails and took an easy stroll out to Lost Lake. Not too sure about the name, since I found it easily, but it would have been worth hunting!! Look at this place!!

After walking around the lake on the loop path and enjoying my picnic lunch, I changed into my suit and went for a dip. Bbbbrrrrrrrrr!! This is a glacier-fed lake and it was chilly! After paddling around for a little while, though, I was numb enough to not feel the cold. After a nap in the sun, I was ready to continue on the trail back to Whistler Village. Here are some of the sights I saw along the way...
I finished off the day with a farmer's market (yay!!!) and a really cool circus performance in the Olympic Center just as the sun was starting to go down. Needless to say, this was a great, refreshing day...I definitely feel like I'm where I am supposed to be and am grateful to be here. We'll see what tomorrow holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment