3.1.12

Au Revoir, Paris...

So, time to say "au revoir" to Paris came too soon...before we knew it, it was time to head back to the States. But, not before I had time to stop by to say hello again to some of my all-time favorite sites in the city...these are the ones that I have seen a million times, will probably see a million times more and it will never be too much.
First on my list, is Sainte-Chapelle, the epitome of high Gothic splendor. The chapel is actually two, with one built directly on top of the other. The lower chapel was for the less-important members of the royal court...while the upper chapel was clearly meant for the crème-de-la-crème! The stained glass is...éclablouissant...a hard-to-translate word that means something along the lines of "it will knock you clear off your feet with its amazingness." I can't think of a word in English that has the same effect, except perhaps the REAL meaning of the word "awesome." Too bad pop culture has corrupted that one.

And, of course, no trip to Paris could be complete without me taking a few shots of the Eiffel Tower. I can't help it. It's an obsession...but I hear acknowledging you have a problem is half the battle.


So, a fond "au revoir, Paris"...see you in the spring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment